We have compiled a list of the ten most frequently asked questions regarding employment at the Polynesian Cultural Center. If your question is not listed, contact us via email here.
- What types of positions are available at the Polynesian Cultural Center?
We have two types or categories of employment: full-time positions and part-time positions. Most part-time positions require applicants to be full-time students at BYU-Hawai'i to apply.
- I'm interested in full-time work. Is there a list of available positions?
Sure, click here. Be sure to review our mission statement, as well as our standards of conduct and dress and grooming (you will need Adobe Reader to view these files, click here to download).
- I'm interested in part-time work and am not a full-time student of BYU-Hawai'i. Is there a list of available positions?
Sure, but since such positions change so frequently, please visit our Human Resources office for the most recent list of available positions. Please note, however, that the positions are usually only for those currently enrolled full-time at BYU-Hawai'i who live on the island of O'ahu. It is not feasible to apply for a position before you arrive on Oahu because potential hires must be immediately available for interview by supervisors and managers.
- I'm interested in work while I attend BYU-Hawai'i full-time. Is there a list of positions available?
Sure, but not currently online. Please visit our Human Resources office on the BYU-Hawai'i campus.
- Do I have to be a member of the LDS Church to apply?
Not at all. You are, however, required to live and work by certain dress, grooming, conduct, and other standards that do coincide with the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Do I have to be a full-time student at BYU-Hawai'i?
Yes, for most part-time positions. The Polynesian Cultural Center was established, in part, to provide employment for as many BYU-Hawai'i students as possible.
- What does PCC consider "full-time student" status at BYU-Hawai'i?
To qualify for full-time status, a BYU-Hawai'i student must be currently registered for at least 12 credits in both Fall and Winter semesters, and at least six credits per term in the Spring and Summer terms.
- I'm a BYU-Hawai'i student and currently on campus. How do I apply?
Please visit our Human Resources office in the BYU-Hawai'i Administration Building, room 150.
- What are PCC's Human Resources contact information?
Please feel free to email HR here or call our office at 808-293-3185.
- What is PCC's Human Resources Office hours of operation?
Job applications are accepted Monday - Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Phone calls are usually accepted between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Hawai'i Standard Time. The office is closed on most Federal and State holidays.
- Where is the Human Resources office located?
The office is located on the BYU-Hawai'i campus in the Lorenzo Snow (Administration) Building, room 150 on the ground floor, Kaneohe (or Eastern) and Makai (ocean) side of the building. Maps courtesy of BYU-Hawai'i.