Health and Safety Guidelines
We are excited to welcome the world back to the beautiful 42-acre Polynesian Cultural Center and are working diligently to establish protective measures for both our guests and staff
Our promise and commitment to our guests is that their safety, as well as the safety of our employees and volunteers, remains our top priority. We continue to maintain the highest standards, and know that you will see this reflected in our service and clean facilities.
To achieve this, our staff and volunteers will:
- receive health checks before each shift;
- adhere to strict hygiene standards, as outlined by the State of Hawaii and the CDC;
- wear masks at all time except during performances which maintains prescribed physical distances; and
- attend all required training and receive regular safety protocols and updates.
Our facilities will include the following upgrades:
- physical separators installed in ticketing, shopping, food service and other points of contact;
- hand sanitizing stations installed around the Center;
- an increase in custodial personnel on every shift;
- frequent cleaning of surfaces in high traffic and common areas throughout the Center;
- safety signage and distancing markers provided throughout the Center; and
- clearly marked distanced seating established at all presentations and dining facilities.
In the tradition of respect and Aloha of our culture, our guests are expected to adhere to the following rules and protocol:
- masks which meet government standards are required for all guests, ages 3 and up, at all times throughout the Center, except when seated in a designated dining area while eating;
- frequent hand washing at one of the convenient hand sanitation stations throughout the Center or any of our restrooms is strongly encouraged;
- physical distancing of at least 6 ft is to be maintained between parties;
- guided tours will be divided into groups of ten or less to allow for ease of access around the Center and to adhere to local and national guidelines;
- self guided guests are also asked to divide their party into groups of 10 people or less throughout their visit
These safety guidelines comply with all state and city laws, mandates and orders pertaining to our daily operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. To remain in full compliance, as the State of Hawaii and City of Honolulu revise their laws, mandates and orders pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Polynesian Cultural Center will in turn revise these safety guidelines.