Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to be a member of the LDS church to apply?

Not at all. You are, however, required to live and work by certain dress and grooming, conduct, and other standards that do coincide with the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Do I have to be a full-time student at byu-hawai'i?

No. The Polynesian Cultural Center was established, in part, to provide employment for as many BYU-Hawai'i students as possible. The majority of our part-time positions require applicants to be current full-time BYU-Hawaii students. These positions are posted on the BYU-Hawaii student job board. However, some unfilled student positions may be made available on a temporary basis to non-BYU-Hawaii students. There are also full-time and part-time positions that are not classified as BYU-Hawaii student positions and are open to the general public to apply for.

i am looking for an internship. are there any internship opportunities available at the polynesian cultural center?

Currently, our limited internship opportunities are available only to students attending BYU-Hawai'i. Available internships are currently listed on BYU-Hawaii’s Handshake website.
What are PCC’s Human Resources Employment Office hours of operation?
Our employment assistance window is open Monday - Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Phone calls are usually accepted between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Hawai'i Standard Time. The office is closed on most Federal and State holidays.

what is the pcc’s human resources employment office contact information?

Please feel free to email HR here ( or call our office at 808-293-3185.
For more information about employment, please contact PCC HR (808-293-3185)