- THINGS TO DO
- PLAN YOUR VISIT
- CONTACT US
Sweet coconut cream custard cubes are a favorite Alii Luau dessert and with no gluten or lactose, it is excellent for those with dietary restrictions.
Yield:1 standard 9 x 13 baking pan
- Coconut Milk, 2 each 16 oz cans
- Water, 3 cups
- Cornstarch, 1.5 cups (measure carefully – do not estimate)
- Sugar, 1 cup
- Mix 2 cups water with cornstarch. Set aside.
- Bring coconut milk, sugar and remaining water to a rolling boil on high heat.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into boiling coconut milk and cook till mixture thickens, blending with a whip.
- When mixture is smooth and thick pour into a clean baking tray.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill until cold.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Serve on ti leaf lined trays
Variation: Use bottled juice in place of water. A good suggestion is V8 Splash Tropical Colada Smoothies (49 oz).